Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Your Voice is a Gift

After reading "Blogging Back at the Right' by Michael Berube, I am much more enthused about offering up my personal opinions to the public through this blog. Maybe I just like to push people's buttons, but I enjoy when my writings affect people so that they are inclined to write back positively or negatively. Plus, in a situation where someone writes back about me, I can have easy access on my blog to retort.

By publicly commenting on an issue, I can get my (often twisted) viewpoint on a situation out in the open. For some odd reason, I feel like my opinion is not represented in the mainstream media so with a blog I can at least get it out there. If other people can read my opinion then all the better.

Some disadvantages include having my opinion stolen without credit. If a reader takes my opinion to spread it off as his or her own then that would suck.

Keeping a blog is much different than writing in The Mirror. In the newspaper, nobody can have instant access to responding to what I write. They would need to look up the address for the paper and reply. Also, I can edit my column to clarify on a topic or post a response to there response within seconds. If I wanted to have a response published in The Mirror it would take up to three weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home